You can do this grammar quiz online or print it on paper. It tests what you learned on the What is a Verb? page.
1. Verbs are used in
a) some sentences b) all sentences
2. What’s the smallest number of words a sentence can contain?
a) one b) two
3. Which can be called a sentence?
a) Wait! b) Why?
4. Most verbs convey the idea of action and describe
a) doing something b) being something
5. Other verbs describe
a) a place b) a state
6. Which verb describes a state?
a) seem b) play
7. A verb always has
a) an object b) a subject
8. “Marian teaches history.” Which is the subject?
a) Marian b) history
9. “Donald looks angry.” The verb in this sentence describes
a) an action b) a state
10. Verbs can have different forms in English, such as
break and broken
break and brake
a) break and broken b) break and brake