You can do this quiz online or print it on paper. It covers grammar explained on our What is a Sentence? page.
1. A sentence is a set of words with a subject and
a) an object b) a predicate
2. The subject of a sentence is
what it’s about
what it begins with
a) what it’s about b) what it begins with
3. The predicate is what’s said about
a) the subject b) the beginning
4. “My dog likes to chase cats.” The predicate is
likes to chase cats
a) likes to chase cats b) chase cats
5. The predicate of a sentence always includes
a) a noun b) a verb
6. Imperative sentences like “Stop!” don’t have to include
a) the verb b) the subject
7. In the sentence “Wait a minute!”, the predicate has
a) two words b) three words
8. A full sentence expresses
a complete thought
a correct thought
a) a complete thought b) a correct thought
9. Which is a full sentence?
Just a moment.
a) Come here! b) Just a moment.
10. Which is not a full sentence?
How many did you get right?
All of them!
a) How many did you get right? b) All of them!