You can do this grammar quiz online or print it on paper. It tests what you learned on the page What is a Pronoun?
1. A pronoun is a short word that can be used instead of repeatedly saying the same
a) sentence b) noun
2. Which is a list of common pronouns?
there, then, here, now
they, it, you, she
a) there, then, here, now b) they, it, you, she
3. Complete with the correct pronoun: I told my friends because I trust
a) them b) those
4. “She wants her family to meet her new boyfriend.” The two noun phrases can be replaced with
a) them, him b) it, hers
5. Fill the gap with the correct word: A pronoun can be used ______ the person or thing it refers to is mentioned.
a) before b) after
6. The noun phrase “the best songs on the album” can be replaced with
a) they b) it
7. A pronoun can be used instead of a noun, a noun phrase, a gerund or
a) a name b) a preposition
8. A pronoun is usually used after the person or thing it represents is mentioned
just the once
a) several times b) just the once
9. The sentence “My best friends are Kim and Lee” can be followed with
I like they a lot.
I like them a lot.
a) I like they a lot. b) I like them a lot.
10. “Swimming’s fun and it’s also good exercise.” What does the pronoun replace?
a noun phrase
a) a gerund b) a noun phrase
View more information: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/pronoun-what-quiz.htm