Another good weekend reading material is Troubleshooting and Repair of Small Household Appliances and Power Tools. Samuel M. Goldwasser has maintained a FAQ site for USENET group Sci.Electronics.Repair. He has a series of comprehensive repair guides for consumer electronics equipments and other household appliances, including CD player, Power adaptors, TV, Computer, Monitors and even Microwave oven! His FAQs should be one of the greatest guides you should keep on this topic.
Disclaimer: The following information are only for reference and by no mean to replace any profressional repairer and advises that you may need to seek for your home appliances. In other word: Use it at your own risk.
Notes on the Troubleshooting and Repair of…”:
Other Repair Information”:
LASERS: Safety, Info, Links, Parts, Types, Drive, Construction”:
Samuel M. Goldwasser”General (Mostly Electronics) Information and Links”:
- Various Schematics and Diagrams
- Simple High Voltage Generator
- Jacob’s Ladders
- Basics of High Voltage Probe Design
- Salvaging Interesting Gadgets, Components, and Subsystems
- Miscellaneous Technical Information (Which You Probably Don’t Need)
- Performance Testing of Computer and Video Monitors
- Approaches to using Fixed Frequency or Non-Standard Monitors on PCs
- Notes on Video Conversion
- Fluorescent Lamps, Ballasts, and Fixtures
- Gas Discharge Lamps, Ballasts, and Fixtures
- International Power and Standards Conversion
- Engineering, Science, and Other (Pretty Clean) Jokes Collection
- Sam’s Neat, Nifty, and Handy Bookmarks – Over 1000 Technology Links (Electronics, lasers, more).
- Sam’s Classified Page – Sam’s stuff for sale or trade and items wanted.
View more information: https://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/troubleshooting-and-repair-of-small-household-appliances-and-power-tools.html