- space (next to the speaker, 20 metres from the speaker, 1000km from the speaker)
- time (now, yesterday, last week, next year)
Like all determiners, demonstrative determiners come at the beginning of a noun phrase, so they come in front of any adjective(s).
Look at these example sentences:
- I like this food.
- I use these pens.
- I have to do it this morning.
- We don’t meet these days.
- Look at that big cloud.
- Can you see those birds?
- Do you remember that man we met last week?
- Those days on holiday were enjoyable.