The Jess and Mildred Fisher College of Science and Mathematics (FCSM) announces the
availability of Willard Hackerman Scholarships, a donor-funded scholarship for incoming freshmen students from Baltimore Polytechnic
Institute who are committed to major in a program housed in the Fisher College of
Science and Mathematics. These scholarships are renewable up to four years as long
as the student remains a major in the Fisher College and in academic good standing.
The application deadline for the 2021–2022 scholarship is May 1, 2021. Listed below
is general information about this scholarship.
Eligibility and Criteria:
- Incoming freshmen from Baltimore Polytechnic Institute admitted to pursue a major
in a program housed in the Fisher College of Science and Mathematics.
- Enrolled as a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours).
- Demonstrate outstanding academic potential based on high school record, especially
in science and mathematics courses, a personal statement of career plans, and letters
of reference from high school teachers.
Award Amount: Covers the full cost of in-state tuition for the academic year, and is renewable up
to four years.
- Complete the Willard Hackerman Scholarship Application (PDF).
- Include the required personal statement (no more than one page) which focuses on your
- Arrange for letters of recommendation to be submitted by two science or math teachers
at your high school using the Willard Hackerman Scholarship Teacher Recommendation Form (PDF).
- Complete a Towson University Undergraduate Admission Form and arrange to have your
high school transcript forwarded to Towson.
- Optional: Have your SAT or ACT scores forwarded to Towson.
Notification: Applicants will be notified by April 30th.
Return completed application by U.S. mail addressed to:
Willard Hackerman Scholarship
c/o Office of the Dean Fisher College of Science and Mathematics
Science Complex, Room 4203
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252-0001
View more information: https://www.towson.edu/fcsm/scholarships/whackerman.html