If you are the kind of person who looks at other people’s lives and wonders about how good their lives are and feel dejected at your own, then you probably need to take things in your own hands and change. Do you feel envious at times about your college mate who flies to London every now and then to close deals, moves around in a company owned BMW or your sibling who has a retreat where he spends most of his time writing books? Then you are obviously not satisfied with what you have and need to do something about it.
A large number of people do the same work day in and day out and are extremely happy with that. But if you find yourself thinking about how your potential is being wasted and somewhere subconsciously desire more action and thrill, then you need to shake yourself into some positive action.
You know that had you been in a different situation, you would have taken things in your own hands and worked towards a more ambitious goal. If all this strikes a chord with you, then don’t let the inertia of the situation pull you down. Don’t try and provide excuses to yourself and rationalize about why you are not exploiting your potential to the fullest.
If you have fire in your belly and the capability to do something don’t let your prowess go waste. To help you determine whether you really are satisfied, comfortable and happy in you current state, you need to answer the following questions.
– Do you find yourself attempting things and then leaving them mid way? Have you started certain courses, learnt skills and never put them in action?
– Do you prepare too much for redecorating your house or taking a trip?
– Do you hate being pushed or hurried? Do you delay deliveries of your project and not be bothered about the delay?
– Do you stay with the past and look longingly back at the times when things were better and you were a fiercely ambitious employee?
– Do you feel that there is a scarcity of time for the thing that you really want to do but yet spend hours I front of the idiot box staring at it like a zombie?
– Do you revel in watching the life of the rich and famous on the tube? Have you wondered why you have such a burning desire to know the details of other people’s lives and whether you are trying to fill a void in yours in a surrogate manner?
– Do you dream about doing something really earth shattering but never get down to doing it?
If the answer to any three of or more the above questions is in the affirmative, then it is time that you think about what you should do to break away from that inertia, stop whining and take charge. It is probably about time that you stopped fooling yourself and realized that the safety of the shore may be damaging your self more than you actually think it is.
Vishal P. Rao share his insights and tips on holistic living at: http://www.relishinglife.com/
View more information: https://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/stop-whining-and-take-charge-of-your-life.html