The university gets special pricing from Dell and Apple and OTS recommends specific models, whcih include:
- A three year warranty (Dell only)
- Accidental Care
- Computrace (remote theft recovery service)
Contact the OTS Faculty/Staff Help Center at 410-704-5151 or submit a TechHelp service request for a purchasing consultation.
OTS provides tablet recommendations to faculty and staff. To assure that you purchase the device that best suits your
needs, call the OTS Faculty/Staff Help Center at 410-704-5151 or submit a TechHelp service request for a purchasing consultation.
All university-owned tablets and iPads must be tagged as university assets. Contact
Property Records at 410-704-2175 to have your device tagged.
If you plan on purchasing an iPad and sharing it with more than one person, or if
you plan on purchasing multiple iPads for use in a group setting, important information
about sharing iPads should be considered before making a purchase.
Towson University provides contracted cellular phone/data service and equipment through
- Towson University has implemented campus policies regarding the purchase and use of University devices that require an approval process before purchasing
- All smartphone purchases must be approved by the Vice President of Administration
- Smartphones in particular have specific restrictions and guidelines and have a university policy (10-01.04) regarding use.
- Departments may not purchase smartphones directly.
OTS has recommended smartphones that are supported by our Faculty/Staff help desk
and are discounted directly from Verizon. Contact the OTS Faculty/Staff Help Center at 410-704-5151 or submit a TechHelp service request for a purchasing consultation.
View more information: https://www.towson.edu/technology/facultystaff/hardwaresoftware/mobile/purchasing.html