You can do this grammar quiz online or print it on paper. It tests what you learned on the Pronouns pages.
1. Pronouns take the place of
a) a noun b) a verb c) an adjective
2. What do pronouns help us add to our speech and writing?
a) personality b) variety c) detail
3. What sort of pronouns are the words “he”, “me” and “you”?
a) interrogative b) possessive c) personal
4. What sort of pronoun is the word “we”?
a) singular b) subject c) object
5. Which personal pronoun is almost always used for a thing?
a) he b) it c) they
6. To refer to something that is far from you, use the pronoun
a) this b) that c) these
7. “This is Lisa speaking.” In this sentence, what sort of the pronoun is the word “This”?
a) reciprocal b) demonstrative c) personal
8. Possessive pronouns can be subject pronouns or
a) object pronouns b) interrogative pronouns c) indefinite pronouns
9. With a singular pronoun the verb should be
singular or plural
a) singular b) plural c) singular or plural
10. What sort of pronoun are the words “each other” and “one another”?
a) interrogative b) reciprocal c) indefinite