You can do this grammar quiz online or print it on paper. It tests what you learned on the Past Perfect page.
1. We ________ finished eating dinner.
‘d had not
a) had not b) not had c) ‘d had not
2. Had they _____ to her before?
a) spoke b) spoken c) spoked
3. You _____ not left yet.
a) would b) ‘d c) would had
4. I had never _____ her before.
a) see b) saw c) seen
5. We arrived at 8:05, but the train _____ already left.
a) has b) have c) had
6. Sarah thought she ________ to that zoo before.
a) has been b) had be c) had been
7. Nobody explained why the project had ________ on time.
n’t been completed
a) n’t been completed b) not completed c) n’t complete
8. He _____ us the item had been shipped.
a) told b) say c) asked
9. Dad explained ________ his job due to stress.
why he quitted
that he had quit
that he’d quite
a) why he quitted b) that he had quit c) that he’d quite
10. Where _____ the security guard gone?
a) had b) have c) did