Clinical Associate Professor
M.S.N., Towson University
B.S.N., University of Maryland at Baltimore
B. S. General Studies, Towson University
Areas of Expertise
Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
Forensic Psychiatric Nursing
Oncology Nurse Patient Navigation with focus on the young adult oncology patient
- Curran, M. S., & Carson, V. B. (2015) Assessment and Management of Pain the late stage Alzheimer’s
Patient. Nursing Made Incredibly Easy. January, 2015.
- Curran, M.S., Saylor, E., Scruggs, L. (2013). Cancer to 5K: Getting young adult patients to exercise. Oncology Times, 35(19), 5-6.
- Curran, M.S. (2012). Helping patients cope with a cancer diagnosis: assessing and managing emotional
responses. Oncology Times, 34(19), 3-4.
- Curran, M.S., Rubio, Y.*, Burgess, A., Snyder, B., & Zaks, Z.* (2019, March). Faculty partnership with nursing student in research, program development, and service-learning. Poster presentation at University of Maryland School of Nursing Institute for Educators
- Ryan, T., Curran, S., & Snyder, B. (2019, March). The new reality, acting the part in psychiatric nursing simulations. Institute of Educators, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD.
- Curran, M.S., Rubio, Y.*, Burgess, A., Snyder, B. & Zaks, Z.* (2019, January). Healthy intimate in relationships in adults with autism. Poster presentation at 2019 Undergraduate Research Symposium & Networking Event,
College of Health Professions, Towson, MD.
- Curran, M.S., Hutton-Rogers, L. & Snyder, B.L. (2018, March) Beyond Self: Challenging nursing students through difficult conversations. Poster presented at the University School of Nursing Institute for Nurse Educators
Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- Curran, M.S., Hutton-Rogers, L. & Snyder, B.L. (2018, March) Beyond Self: Challenging nursing students through difficult conversations. Paper presented at the Towson University Provost’s January Conference, Towson, MD.
- Curran, M.S. (2015, October). Reflections on the Psycho-Social Care of the Patient and Family. Maryland Nurses Association 112th Annual Convention, Linthicum, MD.
- Curran, M.S. (2015, November). Oncology Caregivers Workshop: Postcards from a Caregiver. Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Towson MD.
- Curran, M.S. (2015, February). Managing Challenging Clients in Community Programs. Ulman Cancer Fund Staff Educational Series, Baltimore, MD.
American Psycho-Oncology Society Fellowship, 2012
View more information: https://www.towson.edu/chp/departments/nursing/facultystaff/mcurran.html