The tech world has been rapidly expanding for the last years and this process seems to be infinite. Along with this, people are constantly excited by the appearance of various gadgets, productive devices, and gizmos worth exploration. However, there is one technology “toy”, that is, apart from other devices, indisputably desired by the younger generation. Even if you are not a parent, you possibly have one, or use one, or just have an access to it – a tablet.
Tablet is a fascinating device first introduced back in 1990s, and engraved in our lives shortly afterward. Today tablet is one of the top wish list items for many juniors, even if they own one, the still want to upgrade it or add a nice accessory. According to the Pew Research Center, around 58% of teens deal with tablet computers, when 46% of families have at least one in their disposal as to the Grunwald Associates LLC study. These big numbers indicate that parents don’t mind getting the gadget for their young ones. Moreover, they find it to have a positive effect on the way kids grow, think, and deal with problems or with the world around.
There are many reasons tablets are good for kids, and it’s not only about becoming tech savvy or keeping them amused. So, let’s investigate the advantages of using a tablet by a young mister or miss:
Games, animation series, movies, music, books and apps that can harmlessly amuse a kid or even cheer up when one is moody. Since all tablets have an Internet access, the fun becomes boundless. A kid will have all trendy amusements to enjoy within one gadget. In addition, this becomes a time for parents to bond with their children and spend time together to experience some fun and positive moments.
Not only do educative books or movie series help to learn, but also most of the mentioned above entertaining stuff incorporates educative purposes. Playing games, for instance, helps to improve kids’ thinking or understanding of certain things. For teenagers, it’s crucial to have an access to school books, or to be able to do homework on a tablet or make presentations. With a tablet being capable of handling all these needs and tasks, children feel themselves more confident and learn to value and manage their own time.
This aspect relates directly to toddlers and babies that are actively exploring the world. With multiple applications and games, a bambino develops its reaction, learns how to use its hands and manage things with finger-swipes. Animations or movies for kids showing things that move, deliver abundant emotions to the youngest and reveal the world the way it is, unlike pictures where a kid might learn something but can’t see or imagine how this something happens.
Various technologies are introduced and constantly implemented in all gadgets, and in our life overall. Letting a kid use a tablet is a reasonable solution to keep our young one up to date with the technology. With a tablet and its functions, they learn how to make settings, change them, and modify according to their needs. It’s a considerable step for future success and easy adaptation in society. Now, gadgets complete our social life, and it’s very important for our kids to know how to use and manage them.
According to Nielsen Survey, 70% of families with children under 12 say that their kids use tablets, where 77% of kids play games, 57% pursue educational purposes, 55% get entertained during traveling, where a lower number of children use tablets to watch TV or communicate with others. From these facts, we can infer that parents are apt to letting their children use tablets for different pursued purposes.
Together with many positive aspects for kids to use a tablet, there is a bunch of benefits for parents to get it and let the kids use the device:
- Relatively inexpensive. A tablet combines features of multiple useful and important nowadays things, like Internet access, TVs, mp3 players, game consoles, books, notebooks. With this set of today valuables, a tablet with its 10-20 times lower price becomes a reasonable substitution to a regular computer that costs hundreds and often thousands.
- Portability and light weight. A comfortable size and low weight makes it possible for kids to carry a tablet around. Almost everything a young one might expect from a laptop or desktop PC becomes available on the way.
- Fast start-up and prolonged on-battery run. Sometimes it is very important for parents to entertain a kid immediately and for a decent amount of time. For those who go to school, a rapid access to the information or continuous operation is very important. Thus, tablets can save time and nerves for both grown-ups and their kids.
- Possibility to monitor kids. Tablets are a great way for parents to keep track of their kids’ lives and to control certain things. For instance, you can always know where your kids are if you install an app on their tablet. Or you can block inappropriate apps and sites. There are many options for parents.
- Infinite expandability. Modern tablets can turn into an essential part of life with its redundant abilities to increase features and install apps from the Internet. Moreover, having a USB port, memory card slot, or HDMI makes a tablet a real relief for parents that always try to please their children.
- Opportunity to get together. A tablet bonds parents with their kids through its useful and amusing specialties. Playing games, learning things together and watching a series complements to better relations and a tighter connection between children and their older family members.
After realizing the value a tablet offers to kids and their parents, it’s hard to speak about the cons these gadgets may have. Surely, there are some, but it all depends on the attitude towards a tablet usage, kids education, and other things. So, let this small device entertain, teach and improve tech skills of your beloved kids.
Featured photo credit: Jim Bauer/Flickr via flickr.com
View more information: https://www.lifehack.org/402573/main-reasons-tablets-are-good-for-your-kids