Ph.D., University of Maryland, College Park
F.N.P., Post-Master’s Certificate, Howard University
M.S., Bowie State University
B.S.N., Bowie State University
Diploma, Misericordia Hospital, School of Nursing
Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
Certified Nurse Educator
Areas of Expertise
Retention Success Specialist and Peer Mentor impact on nursing student success
Transition of clinical nurses to nurse educator or advanced practice
Advances in nursing education
President, Maryland Nurses Association 2015 – 2017
- Ogle, K. (2020). Coordinating care for patients with connective tissue disorders. In Hoffman,
J. & Sullivan, N. Medical-Surgical Nursing: Making connections to practice (2nd ed.).
- Ogle, K. (2017). President’s Message: The five Cs of caring. The Maryland Nurse, 18(4), 1.
- Austin, E., Bastepe-Gray, S., Nelson, H., Breitenbach, J., Durry, A., Ogle, K., Green, S., Crabtree, L., & Haluska, M. (2014). Pediatric mass casualty education:
Experiential learning through university sponsored disaster simulation. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 40(5), 428-433.
- Ogle, K. (2012). Shingles: Chicken pox revisited. Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 10(4), 28 – 35.
- Ogle, K. (2012). Is your patient having a vasovagal reaction? Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 10(3), 56.
- Ogle, K. (2011). Saving hearts with coronary angioplasty. Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 9(5), 9 – 11.
- Ogle, K. (2011). Choosing your nursing career path (Editorial). Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 9(1), Online Edition.
- Austin, E.N., Henson, A.*, Kim, H.J., Ogle, K., Casker, J., & Park, H. (May 2019). Analysis of computer adaptive testing in a pathophysiology course. Presentation for 15th Annual Nursing Factuly Development Workshop: Improve Learngin
by Engaging Students, Lexington, KY
- Ogle, K. (2018). Leadership in the Nursing Profession. Panel speaker at Towson University, Towson, MD
Messler, T. & Ogle, K. (2015). Nursing Student’s Reflections on Caring for a Mother and Family Experiencing a Fetal
Demise. Presented June 12, 2015, International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation
and Learning, 12th Annual Conference, Atlanta, Georgia
Ogle, K. (2014). Driving forces and barriers to curriculum revision and the role of faculty. Presented March 7, 2014 at “Creating and Maintaining a Dynamic Curriculum” Conference,
Ogle, K. (2012). Deconstructing Curricula. Presented March 28, 2012, Towson University Spark Program, Towson, Maryland
Ogle, K. (2012). Panel Member: Advanced Practice Nursing. Presented March 15, 2012, Towson,
View more information: https://www.towson.edu/chp/departments/nursing/facultystaff/kogle.html