Before you set foot in an interview room, you should be knowledgeable about the position,
the organization, and the industry and feel confident in your ability to sell yourself
to the employer. In addition, it is important to remember that first impressions count.
Put your best foot forward by dressing professionally.
For sample interview questions specific to your major, check out our Career Resources by Major.
Need some practice? Schedule a mock interview with a Career Center staff member!
Additional Resources on Interviewing
Student Request for an Interview Room
The Career Center is pleased to launch Virtual and Telephone Interview Capabilities
in one of our Webcam-Enabled Interview Rooms. This is a free service to students and
Students who have an upcoming phone or virtual interview may request to use one of
the interview rooms by accessing Handshake. Interview rooms have both phone and virtual webcam capability. Students may also
use their own cellphone and laptop if they choose.
Interview Room Guidelines
- Schedule the date and time of your interview with the Career Center to make sure the
room is available
- Students: sign into Handshake to see availability and sign up for a time that works (Requests for an interview
room must be placed a minimum of 3 business days in advance of the needed time)
- Employers: Contact the Recruitment Coordinator to reserve your spot (Requests for an interview room must be placed a minimum of
2 business days in advance of the needed time)
- See our Tips for a Successful Phone Interview and Tips for a Successful Virtual Interview
handouts above for how to prepare
- For telephone interviews, you must give the employer the appropriate telephone number,
given once reservation has been confirmed. Please do not call the employer, make sure
they call you.
- Interview Rooms are available Monday through Friday starting at 8:30 a.m. and closing
at 4:30 p.m.
View more information: https://www.towson.edu/careercenter/students/searchskills/interviewing.html