You can do this grammar quiz online or print it on paper. It tests what you learned on the Infinitive or -ing? page.
1. We like ________ our grandmother on Sundays.
a) to visit b) visiting c) to visit/visiting
2. I might want ________ some money soon.
a) to borrow b) borrowing c) to borrow/borrowing
3. My father hates ________ a tie to work.
a) to wear b) wearing c) to wear/wearing
4. We can’t afford ________ a vacation this summer.
a) to take b) taking c) to take/taking
5. The company was pleased ________ your thank-you letter.
a) to receive b) receiving c) to receive/receiving
6. Would you mind ________ a window?
a) to open b) opening c) to open/opening
7. My suitcase is light enough ________ this time.
a) to carry b) carrying c) to carry/carrying
8. She cannot leave the table without ________ her dinner.
a) to finish b) finishing c) to finish/finishing
9. The music will continue ________ until you turn it off.
a) to play b) playing c) to play/playing
10. My little brother dislikes ________ his hair brushed.
a) to have b) having c) to have/having