Number 5 on the Greatest Tools of All Time List is the Plastic Zip Tie.
This magnificent invention can turn a quagmire of electronics cables into a beautiful braid of streaming efficiency.
Here are 10 of its greatest uses.
- Auto wiring. With a few of these beauties you can quickly tame the most unruly of sound systems. On the other hand, you should subtract $200 for every zip strip you find on a used car you are planning to purchase.
- Criminal Mischief. I notice the boys in blue have incorporated a large sturdy type for handcuffing the unruly.
- Straight and narrow. Holding tall plants upright.
- Tamper seal. Secure the D-rings on your luggage with a zip tie and you’ll know if they have been opened.
- Key ring.
- Lobster cuffs. Secure those big lobster pinchers with a zip tie.
- Identification. Put a colored one on your Power Puff Girls lunch box so you can tell it from the other kids.
- Hung ups. Slip them through a peg board to hang things on.
- Tomato buddy. Attach tomato plants to the wire cage.
- Emergency sneaker lace. In a pinch a zip tie will hold you shoe together if you break a lace.
What are your favorite uses.
Reg Adkins writes on behavior and the human experience at (elementaltruths.blogspot.com).
View more information: https://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/zip-ties.html