Ph.D., Philosophy, Emory University, 2009
Areas of Expertise
Contemporary French Philosophy
Feminist Philosophy and Theory
Social and Political Philosophy
Emily Anne Parker’s area of research is contemporary French philosophy. She is the
author of Elemental Difference and the Climate of the Body (Oxford University Press, 2021), and with Anne van Leeuwen (James Madison University),
Parker is the co-editor of Differences: Rereading Beauvoir and Irigaray (Oxford University Press 2017). Her work has appeared in Political Theory, Hypatia, philoSOPHIA, Philosophy Today, Southern Journal of Philosophy, and Trans-Humanities, and English Language Notes. At Towson, Professor Parker teaches courses in the Departments of Philosophy & Religious
Studies and Women’s & Gender Studies.
- 2021. Elemental Difference and the Climate of the Body. Oxford University Press. [Available here.]
- 2018. “On ‘The Body’ and the Human-Ecology Distinction: Reading Frantz
Fanon After Bruno Latour.” philoSOPHIA: A Journal of Continental Feminism 8.2: 59-84. [Available here.]
- 2018. “The Human as Double Bind: Sylvia Wynter and the Genre of ‘Man.’”
SPEP, Journal of Speculative Philosophy 32.3: 439-449. [Available here.]
- 2017. Co-author with Rachel Jones. “The Anthropocene and Elemental Multiplicity.” English Language Notes, special issue entitled Environmental Trajectories: Modes, Debates, Reconfigurations
55.1-2. [Available here.]
- 2017. Co-editor with Anne van Leeuwen. Differences: Rereading Beauvoir and Irigaray. [Available here.] Reviewed in Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews and Hypatia Reviews Online.
- 2017. “Precarity and Elemental Difference: On Butler’s Re-writing of Irigarayan Difference.”
Political Theory 45. 3: 319-341. [Available here.]
- 2016. “Resisting Individuality.” In Passion in Philosophy: Essays in Honor of Alphonso Lingis. Edited by Randolph Wheeler. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
- 2016. “Sexual Violence as Derivatization.” In Desire, Love, and Identity: A Textbook for the Philosophy of Sex and Love. Edited by Gary Foster. Don Mills: Oxford University Press Canada.
- 2015. “Cultivating a Living Belonging: An Interview with Luce Irigaray.” Journal of the British Society for Phenomenology 46.2: 109-116.
- 2015. “Singularity in Beauvoir’s The Ethics of Ambiguity.” Southern Journal of Philosophy 53.1: 1-16. [Available here.]
- 2014. “Beyond Discipline: On the Status of Bodily Difference in Philosophy.” philoSOPHIA: A Journal of Continental Feminism 4.2: 222-228.
View more information: https://www.towson.edu/cla/departments/philosophy/facultystaff/eparker.html