Get the details on how to apply to the Theatre (M.F.A.) program.
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university*
with a grade point average of 3.00 or higher. A minimum GPA of 2.75 is required for
conditional admission. *See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions.
We accept a cohort of students for fall admission, even years only. The fall 2022
application opens July 1, 2021. Priority will be given to students whose application
and materials have been received by March 1, 2022.
Candidates are screened by both the M.F.A. program and by University Admissions.
- A graduate school application with required fee
- Official transcripts from every college or university attended
- A personal artistic statement outlining the candidate’s goals as a theatre artist
and the specific relevance of the M.F.A. program at Towson to the candidate’s objectives
- A current professional resume
- Selected slides, photographs, video, DVD reviews, papers, scripts or other supporting
materials in multiple artistic disciplines
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to the applicant’s
talent, scholarship, collaborative skills and ability to thrive in a self-directed
program (the email addresses of your recommenders must be entered on the application)
- A list of at least three other references, with telephone numbers, whom the department
may contact for additional evaluations.
An interview may be granted at the discretion of M.F.A. faculty following initial
* Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in International Graduate Admissions
* For any financial information, please visit the following pages: tuition and expenses, financial education.
Ready to get started? Here’s how to apply.
View more information: https://www.towson.edu/cofac/departments/theatre/gradtheatre/admission.html