The English Language Center at Towson University provides speakers of other languages
with the English language, skills, and resources needed for their successful academic
transition to the university and for their professional and/or personal success in
an intercultural environment. To that end, we:
- Deliver intensive and academic English preparation courses for prospective undergraduate
and graduate students
- Run student-centered classes
- Tutor and advise students
- Offer English language test preparation courses
- Employ committed, passionate, qualified teachers and staff who go the extra mile to
- Promote collaboration and cooperation essential to our students’ becoming responsible
- Encourage intercultural understanding and exchange through social events, excursions,
conversation partners, and co-curricular activities
- Create a “home away from home” environment that facilitates learning and cultural
- Design custom courses and programs to meet the needs of specific groups
- Contribute to diversity within the campus community
On the TU map you can see all the facilities on campus.
Social events are an important part of the Towson ELC program. Friendships quickly
develop as students learn about American culture and the cultures of all students
studying at the ELC.
Activities include a welcome party, off-campus trips, events related to American holidays,
an annual International Festival, a final certificate reception, and more.
The International Festival is open to the entire Towson University community. Students
dress in traditional clothes, sing native songs, share delicious food from many countries,
perform dances, and teach games from their homeland.
View more information: https://www.towson.edu/academics/international/english-language-center/about.html