Healthy digestion is a complex, but silent mechanism in your body that continues to take place while you eat, sleep or work. If your body isn’t digesting food properly, it can really impact your life! The negative effects of a stressful lifestyle and wrong eating habits will accumulate and create serious problems with the digestive tract which can be extremely debilitating.
These foods should be part of your regular diet to to rejuvenate and maintain your digestive health.
Lemon is great for alkalizing the body. It will help regulate your body’s PH levels and keep your gut healthy! It’s also an amazing source of vitamin C and electrolytes. Squeeze a full lemon in a cup of warm water, and drink it, instead of your morning coffee. It works best on an empty stomach and will really kick start your digestion.
The most beneficial component in Turmeric is curcumin. It has amazing anti-inflammatory properties. This ingredient can help heal stomach ulcers and other digestive issues. Just make sure you consume it on a regular basis. There are many ways to boost your absorption of curcumin!
3. Bone Broth
A warm, delicious, gelatinous bone broth is great for your digestive tract. Nutrient dense bone broth has a very jelly like texture when cold, but when heated it it melts easily back to its soupy form. The gelatin, collagen and protein collected within a bone broth, from slow cooking various bones for hours and hours are easily digested and help rebuild the gut!
Ginger is anti-inflammatory and has proven to help with digestion. It has many medicinal properties. Use ginger to kick start your digestion and help clean out your system! Consume more of this easily by drinking ginger and lemon herbal teas, these are readily available in many supermarkets. You can also brew your own by grating ginger into hot water, and allowing it to steep for a while.
Mint can really help sooth your stomach and help with nausea! It tastes amazing and is the perfect palate cleanser after a meal. This can be consumed in the form of a really tasty herbal tea!
Packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, cinnamon is a great addition to your diet. Sprinkle it over desserts or try adding it in teas for extra flavor and health benefits.
7. Fermented foods
You really need to consume more fermented foods to aid digestion. Fermented foods can help promote the growth of good gut bacteria. Many people become ill and contract debilitating digestive disorders, when they have an imbalance of healthy gut bacteria! Their bad gut bacteria in this instance will be more dominant.
If this is the case, symptoms can range from bloating and gas to diarrhea. Slowly increase your intake of more fermented foods like Kefir, Kimchi and natural yogurts. This will help restore your healthy gut bacteria.
8. Omega 3’s
Omega 3’s can be consumed in the form of fish oil, or just by eating more fish. Salmon is a great source of omega-3’s, and is really delicious. These fatty acids can reduce inflammation and heal your gut from digestive disorders. Omega-3’s also promote heart health and can reduce rheumatoid arthritis.
9. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a fantastic addition to your diet. It contains medium chain fatty acids which are easily digestible. They are also metabolized in a way that produces therapeutic benefits to your brain! This is important due to the strong gut and brain connection – a healthy gut makes a happy brain and vice versa.
It has proven to be effective in healing people with candida problems (yeast infections in the stomach) and is known for its antibacterial properties. Its very easy to include in your diet. Use it as a substitute for various cooking oils or even spread it on you bread as a butter/margarine alternative!
Bananas are very high in fiber! In fact 70% of its fiber is insoluble. This type of fiber can help move food down the digestive tract and regulate your bowel movements. The other 30% of fiber a banana contains is soluble fiber. This type of fiber can help regulate blood sugar levels by slowing down the absorption of fats and carbohydrates.
Now let’s bring this all together. It may seem like a lot of new foods to add into your diet, but it’s really easy. Why not start your day with a healthy juice shot! Mix lemon juice, finely grated ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric into a shot glass. Then gulp it down every morning, to reap the health benefits, with no hassle at all!
View more information: https://www.lifehack.org/454257/10-super-foods-that-aid-digestion-and-heal-the-gut